hazy

hazy

Monday, April 27, 2015

ChapStick Classic Spearmint Lip Balm

I have been dealing with cracked and dry lips since forever! Some people told me that dry lips is caused by not drinking enough water,but  TRUST ME when I say I drink water like a Camel. Maybe it's genetics? I really don't know but anyways I have a review on another lip balm from Vaseline, that one works fine but I'm still searching for better lip products. This will be a review about CHAPSTICK CLASSIC SPEARMINT LIP BALM. 





What the product claims:

  • helps prevent and temporarily protects chafed, chapped or cracked lips


      • helps prevent and protect from the drying effects of wind and cold weather

      • helps prevent sunburn

      • higher SPF gives more sunburn protection


Active Ingredients: Padimate O (1.5%) (Sunscreen), White Petrolatum (44%) (Skin Protectant)


Inactive Ingredients: Arachadyl Propionate, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Cetyl Alcohol, FD&C Blue 1 (CI 42090), FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Fragrance, Isopropyl Lanolate, Isopropyl Myristate, Lanolin, Light Mineral Oil, Maltol, Menthol, Methylparaben, Octyldodecanol, Paraffin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Propylparaben, Saccharin, Spearmint (Mentha Viridis) Oil, White Wax



PROS: 

• Hydrates lips for long.

• Makes lips healthy.

• Works as lipstick base.

• Not heavy on lips.

• Fresh spearmint smell and long lasting spearmint taste.

• Easy to use packaging.

CONS: 

  • Should have higher spf. 



ChapStick lip balm comes a sturdy twist tube packaging, very convenient and you can control the amount of product that you want to use. The Spearmint variant is minty green in color and it comes transparent on lips which adds a creamy shine. This makes it a nice option to be used under lipsticks. Also as its not oily/waxy it works best as lipstick base. 

This balm reminds me of my favorite gum! DOUBLEMINT, I feel nostalgic every time I put this on. Though it claims to give sun protection but there's no SPF content mentioned on the packaging. So I searched how much spf this product actually have and I saw that the US version has SPF 4 printed on the packaging. I wish it comes with a higher spf but I still think this is a really good product, considering that I have super dry lips this can still manage to keep it moisturized and plump. I'm down to my 2nd tube now! This balm will last you for a long time but not for me!!! Can't stop licking my lips when I have this on! Not only it smells awesome, it tastes sooooo good too! In totality, it is a great lip balm really cured my dry lips and keeps them healthy and soft for long. If you love spearmint taste and smell, then this is a must try lip balm for you. I recommend this to everyone! 

This balm is a 4.5 star for me! 












No comments:

Post a Comment