hazy

hazy

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Review: Revlon COLORSTAY Liquid Foundation

Hello loves! It's been a while since I updated my blog but these past few months I've purchased products that I like and I'm so excited to share my thoughts with you guys. Today I'll be reviewing Revlon COLORSTAY liquid foundation (combination/oily skin).

I'm a Revlon fanatic! I just love how good their products are!


I have a combination skin, dry to some parts of my cheeks and oily to the T-zone area. I'm always on a hunt for a good foundation that's not too heavy. I already purchased this foundation before but unfortunately it's not my shade (shade:BUFF). I can't really appreciate the foundation since I'm not using it often. I'm pale with neutral undertone and the shade buff is just too yellow for me, so I tried my luck again and thank God! I've found the perfect match, 180 Sand Beige. 


Shade: 180 light beige ( COMBINATION / OILY SKIN )

What it claims to do: Wears for up to 24 hours 
                                      Flawless look, light feel

To use: Shake well. Apply to one area at a time, blending quickly. Remove with facial cleanser.

Smell:  To be honest, It smells like paint. This is what I don't like about this foundation, but once you put this on the smell fades away. 

Price: P 850.00

 
I didn't have time to take a picture of the foundation but I found an accurate swatch photo from google. * wink

REVIEW

PROS:

1. This foundation carries formulation for normal/oily combination to normal/dry combination.
2. It comes in 13 shades to choose from. 
3. The consistency is thick and slightly liquid so you don't need too much product to get optimum coverage.
4. The coverage is medium to full and definitely buildable. Can cover hyper-pigmentation, scars, redness, and dark under eyes.
5. Does not look cakey or blotchy despite building coverage for a more flawless look.
6. The finish is not completely matte, it still looks natural.
7. Does not feel heavy on the face.
8. Minimal to no retouching throughout the day.
9. Does not transfer!

CONS:

1. The packaging needs a pump. Seriously!
2. Smells like paint, but it fades away though. 
3. It dries a bit faster than most foundations, but can still be blended well. Just make sure to  distribute the product evenly on the face before buffing it out.
4. It's claims to stay on for 24 hours, but come on who wears make up for 24 hours? It's ridiculous and definitely bad for your skin. I usually wear my foundation without primer. For me this foundation lasts 3-4  hours till I see some oil sipping through. Just make sure that you blot your face and slightly touch up with a powder. 
5.  This foundation if not applied correctly can tend to be cakey. I've tried using a brush with this foundation but I prefer my hands to warm up the product. The sales representative advised me to used a patting motion when applying this and blend it afterwards. 
6. The price is kinda off but I'm assuring you that this product is worth it and it will last you a good amount of time. 


Verdict:

I'll give foundation 4 stars. I love how it feels on my skin and it doesn't break me out which is really important to me because I have sensitive skin. I find the coverage decent for a drugstore foundation. Definitely purchasing it again! 




No comments:

Post a Comment