hazy

hazy

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Nichido True Colors Powder Blush Collection - Cool Rum & Tomato Review


For everyday makeup I usually go for blushes that are matte rather than those with shimmers. I want to look as natural as possible or at least not to look too made up. So one time I was in Watson’s just checking out some local makeup counters, and these babies caught my eye.

It’s the Nichido True Colors Powder Blushes! shade: COOL RUM and TOMATO 


I grabbed these photos from google because I don't have a good camera at the moment. :( 


Price: P 88.00 ( I know riiiight? super cheap and this will last you forever!) 


Nichido True Colors Collection Powder Blush Ingredients:

Talc, Mica, Cyclomethicone, Dimethiconol, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Stearate, Parffinum Liquidium, Isopropyl Myrisatate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 12085, CI 77007, CI 77742, CI 15850, CI 77360.



Who doesn't love cheap and good products right?  Specially if you're going to wear it often or use it on a day to day basis. Blush is one of my beauty product staples. Some people like to have that bronzed pale look but I just personally like a nice flush of color on my cheeks, it makes you look healthy and glowing. 
Nichido blush collection has been on the market for quite a while now. I remembered I bought my first blush product from them, it was way back 2012. Until then I kept on repurchasing it because I love it that much! These are powder blushers that may appear powdery right after application but will look natural on the cheeks when blended well. They all give a matte finish which I find good for everyday wear.



COOL RUM which I love! love! love! is a warm, brownish coral blush. It gives warmth to the face. This shade seems to complement coral, peach, orangey, nude, or brown lipstick. I've read that some use this for contouring so I tried it and it works well. But I prefer to use this solely as a blusher. This is the most used and abused blusher in my stash. I dropped it one time and it crumbled into powder (ooooops). 






Next is the shade TOMATO, this blush shade didn't impressed me the first time I used it. It really does make you look tomato red! However I find this color so youthful and fun. Here's a tip, when applying this blush use a soft blush brush and stipple it  lightly on your cheeks and WALLAH!!! you now have that perfect flush!


What I like:

  • Beautiful color selection.
  • Very affordable for only 88 pesos!
  • Good color payoff, specially when you use the right brush to apply it.
  • They are buildable.
  • Average staying power, but with a good base they will last longer.
  • Didn't break me out.
  • It is available on all Nichido counters nationwide.

What I don't like: 

  • Lasting power is so-so. 2 to 3 hours max. 
  • It may appear powdery upon application (again, it will look natural on skin when it has set).


Verdict:

I give this product 3.5 stars! This blush is perfect for everday wear and I love how afforadable nichido products are. The lasting power is not a big deal to me because it's buildable and you can definitely reapply the product when needed. 












No comments:

Post a Comment